Monday, July 25, 2011

Timing.

(Forewarning this is kinda corny and cheesey)
    Today, I did a reading and it was about God's timing. How perfect God's timing can be it seems like he planned it that way. It reminded me of another blessing in my life that had such weird timing.
Let me just say I had sworn off relationships and was perfectly content with being alone. I had been hurt so bad, and I just wanted to be alone. Apparently, that wasn't what God had planned for me.
I remember the first time I saw Brad, I was walking in the gym and he was coaching the 6th graders.
I asked my mom "Who the 15 year old was coaching the 6th graders."
She said "Vanessa his name is Coach Levy, he's your age or a year older than you".
I said, "Oh thats cool." She said why do you think he's cute?
I said I don't even know him mom. Then I never thought twice about it. I did think he was cute though :)
I talked to Brad a few times after that it was more like a "Hello, good game." "See ya". (In case people aren't aware Brad is shy when you meet him, or at least I thought he was). We started talking one day some how or another, I think it was on Facebook, and he asked for my number. One day he decided to ask me on date. After that its pretty much history( haha). Although it took us forever to admit we liked each other and even longer to call each other boyfriend and girlfriend.
   Anyway, back to timing. Like I said I had sworn of relationships. God had funny timing when I met Brad though. I would have never met Brad if I had never decided to coach. Funny thing is Brad and I graduated together never once did I know him, have a class with him or even see him really. We even had some of the same friends but never met until now.
  Brad, is one the greatest people you could ever get to know. He is very kind, he would do anything for anyone, very witty and funny, he is very intelligent, and he is the probably the most positive person I know.
    When I met Brad I was getting really discouraged with cheerleading, and he reminded me of why I love to do it. He has the uncanny ability to always think positively and look at the bright side.  Which, is great for me, because sometimes I tend to dwell on what is going wrong and why the glass is half empty. Brad's glass is always half full.
    He has helped me get close with my little brother and my family. He has been such a blessing to me. I thank God everyday for bringing me some one who can love me despite my craziness, treats me well, and above all else is a good person. Brad is probably one of the greatest blessings God has given me, and I feel incredibly lucky to have some one so great in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment