Monday, July 11, 2011

The breaking Point

  I just recently with in the past year started believing in God. Last summer, I was in a bad place. I was just out of a relationship that was very unhealthy. I pretty tore my life apart after it ended. I was going down a bad path. I didn't know what I believed in, I had dropped out of school. All of my money went to drinking, and smoking. I barely made rent.
   Now, you may think this is the life of a typical college student struggling. No, it's not I made my life 10x harder by my need to feel wanted, and drinking to forget how I felt. I drank to feel a void in my life. I slept late, I ate crappy food, I was always depressed about something. It could be the weather, the girl in my class who annoyed me. I had no patience for anything. I was incredibly selfish. I resented my family, because in my mind "They thought they were perfect." In, my life I wasn't perfect to them. I didn't make good grades. I was the crazy mistake they had who constantly made bad decisions.
  Around this time last year, I was at what I consider my all time low. I wasn't making any money yet I still spent it to drink even though I had a $2000.00 bill to pay so I could get back in school. (Not a lot of people knew I dropped out. I was embarrassed to tell them. I even made up that the next semester I was going to another school, when really I couldn't go back because I hadn't paid back my school. If you're reading this I am sorry if you were one of those I lied to.) My parents were trying to reach out to me, and I kept on doing what I wanted, and spending money I didn't have. Any way, I made a decision that would change my life. I moved back home. I fought moving back home for so long, because to me that was failing. I knew if I moved home I wouldn't be able to live the way I wanted to. However, I was a month behind on rent, and the second month of rent was coming up and I knew I wasn't going to have the money. So I did what I had to and what my parents said, and moved home.
  After being home for a while, I quickly had a hard time finding a job. I finally after about 3 weeks found one at Walmart. Which was good enough for me at the time. As I started working there  I quickly realized as the summer drew to an end I wasn't going to be going back to school.  I continued to party for a while when I first moved and blew my money. . (Can you see where my priorities were messed up?)
  One day while at work I went to the bathroom. Now I don't know if they do this all the time, but it reached out to me so whoever did this. Thank you. You saved my life and gave it meaning. When I went in there I saw a 5 laws of God pamphlet, and one of those tiny New Testament books. I took one and went home. I finally saw God trying to reach out to me. He was trying to get to me in some way. I thought, maybe he is real, and I do believe. This is what I call the breaking point in my life, and from this point my life has gotten better. Which is why I started this blog, to share my journey, and life as God continues to bless me. To share how I grow and learn every day about God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment